Friday, March 21, 2014

Impulsively


No, this wasn't an impulse purchase. I got it for DE DRUMS (Keith Jarrett 4tet, listening to it right now)... I don't like that it only includes a couple minutes of the opening jam, but Charlie Haden's bass sounds so nice in WAX! Although I try not to purchase vinyl if I already own the CD, I'd be really excited if I came across Keith Jarrett's Fort Yawuh (Anagram: Fourth way) or Backhand (Anagram: hand back).

It's nice to hear some other samplings from impulse records, but this is a compilation of clips of songs by impulse recording artists. The marketing idea was to find "radio friendly" material in the impulse catalog, and remix the tunes to a shorter duration for them to be played on the radio...

I want the whole damn song! Every time there is a fade out.... sheesh. Now I know what to put on the next record shopping list, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment