Sunday, October 5, 2014

Wildflowers The New York Loft Jazz Sessions vol 5


This is it. The last one in my collection (for now). This has been a nice way to track how many records I have in my collection, and a nice way to make sure they are not all just gathering dust. I'm sure a trip to the record shop will occur soon, and I may write about them when I get them.

Now, I can just enjoy what I have and listen to whatever I'm in the mood for, rather than what's next.

This Wildflowers collection (vol 5) sounds better today than when I first listened to it. I think you maybe have to be prepared for the amazing repetition of Roscoe Mitchell's "Chant." and the loosey-goosey Sunny Murray ensemble reading of "Something's Cooking." The metaphor (cliche) commonly used when a musician is on point is "burning." Well, burning and cooking don't often go together very well... but then again... they're cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment