Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Genesis - A Trick of the Tail


Back when my name was Proggy McProggerson, I bought this Genesis album on a whim. I noticed it didn't have Peter Gabriel, and I thought that they were only proggy with Gabriel. Boy was I wrong. The opening track apparently does not have a measure of 4/4 (that would be passe?). Yet there is a strong hint of the poppiness that Genesis would go for in the future.

I think this is the first album that Genesis had Phil Collins (drummer) sing lead vocals. They had a long tryout process, only to discover that the best replacement for Peter Gabriel was already in their band.


Here is the full album.

Some of the slower songs on this record are clutch make-out songs, if I do say so myself ("Entangled" and "Ripples")

I'm surprised this is the only Genesis record (CD, casette, etc.) that I own! And I call myself a recovering prog addict... Uh-oh, I maybe relapsing here!

No comments:

Post a Comment