Sunday, September 21, 2014

McCoy Tyner - Supertrios


This is a double album of McCoy playing with two different trios. A brave concept, yet a concept McCoy tried frequently in this period (next review is for 4 X 4 (unless I've already reviewed it???)).

LP1 is Tyner, Carter, Williams. So much power. Coke jazz (?)
LP2 is a bit more mysteriously syncopated: McCoy and Dejohnette and Eddie Gomez. I saw Eddie Gomez live in Milwaukee. At the UWM recital hall. Venue was barely half full. I felt much shame that the place was not packed. UWM has a Jazz studies program. Where were the students???? JAZZ LEGEND!!!! PLAYED MANY YEARS WITH BILL EVANS!!!! WHAT COULD YOU HAVE BEEN DOING THAT WAS MORE IMPORTANT THAN HEARING EDDIE GOMEZ???????

Sorry for the rant.

Ethan Iverson has written about Supertrios. I agree with just about everything he has written.

Fun Fact: My copy of disc one is hella warped, but it still plays just fine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment