Sunday, October 27, 2013

Beethoven - Piano Concerto no. 4 & Sonata no. 14 in C# minor - Guiomar Novaes piano

I'm pretty sure one of my friends brought some of his records over to my house one day, and he forgot this Beethoven record. I may have listened to this record once before. I am sure I will read a little bit about Guimar Novaes, who is the pianist on this record. This must have been a popular record to purchase because of the B side, which contains the Sonata in C# minor commonly known as "The Moonlight Sonata." The "moonlight" nickname actually came about 5 years after Beethoven's death. Again, wikipedia has some information on the topic: Moonlight Sonata.
My record has quite a bit of crackle and sibilance...

There is great playing on this recording, but I am by no means an expert on the music, and I don't know how it compares to other artist's renditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment