Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Richie Beirach - Eon


I bought this album out of curiosity, and I don't listen to it too much. They play an interesting version of Nardis. This is what I understand the history of Nardis to be:
Bill Evans wrote Blue in Green, but Miles claimed it and is listed as the songwriter (got royalties)
Miles wrote Nardis for Bill Evans... but Miles name is still listed as the composer.
I don't think Miles ever played it.
I think Nardis sounds a lot like the theme from Resolution (A Love Supreme)


The cover of the album is cool, but the music isn't as moving. I just bought Chick Corea's Now He Sings Now He Sobs on CD, and I feel like that is the high standard for jazz trio albums. This album doesn't get free enough, groovy enough, exploratory enough, trance-inducing enough... but it has a cool cover...


No comments:

Post a Comment