Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Gary Burton - Alone at Last


This is a Gary Burton vibraphone master album. I think the album cover reminds me of the Burger King from commercials from 2004:


This album also has Gary Burton on Organ, Piano, and Fender Rhodes on a couple tracks.

I need to mention at this point that I was able to see Han Bennink perform in Milwaukee with the Eric Boeren quartet. Mr. Bennink played a snare drum and a hi hat, but he captivated the entire room (not to take away from Michael Moore on alto sax, Eric Boeren on cornet, or Wilbert De Joode on bass. Talk about jazz as catharsis. I'm so glad I was able to see a living legend. After the concert he sat down right next to me. I was kinda shocked and said, "Thank you for coming to Milwaukee."




No comments:

Post a Comment