Thursday, November 21, 2013

Ornette Coleman - The Unprecedented Music of Ornette Coleman

This is a record I bought in Madison, WI. I remember that I checked my phone to do a little research on the album before I bought it (which I usually try to avoid). This is a somewhat rare bootleg (at least it is unofficial) It has "Lonely Woman" on it, which may be one of Ornette's most famous songs. The record is interesting because Ornette is the only lead solo voice on this recording (a live concert). The other musicians are Charlie Haden, David Izenzon, and Ed Blackwell. I wonder what it was like for Charlie and David to play together. Most of the time, one of the bassists plays arco, while the other is pizzicato. One plays low, the other plays high. I know that Charlie Haden has talked about listening to Scotty LaFaro play with Ornette, and Charlie would want to hear what he would play, which would be different. So I wonder if this posed a challenge for Charlie? This is recommended if you are an Ornette fan! In the style of old jazz record covers: This is recommended if you are an Ornette Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment