Monday, November 18, 2013

Ron Carter Hank Jones Sadao Watanabe Tony Williams - Carnaval


This is a record that consists of the Great Jazz Trio (Ron Tony Hank) + Sadao Watanabe (this album art picture cuts off his name. Rest assured, it fits on the 12" record sleeve). Some great 80's live concert bebop. "Manha de Carnval" is the song that I've known as Samba de Orfeo. I love how the Japanese audience lets out a huge cheer when the band breaks into "I'm Old Fashioned."

I file this under Ron Carter, but it is really Great Jazz Trio (Quartet). Nothing stands out on this record, but there is great playing throughout. I think it's the only recording of Sadao Watanabe that I have.

We'll keep the bass theme going. Up next is a Stanley Clarke record... It should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment